10.13.2008

[HELP!/free stuff!]

Ok, so sometimes I am not the greatest with words, especially when it comes to talking about my artistic style. So here's where I need your help. How would you describe my work/style in a few words or sentences? It would be most helpful for me if you look at my website and at[coffee makers] : 1,  [animal hybrids] : 2,4,7,9 and [1-10] : 1,3,4,7 (these are the ones i like). 

To the person whom i feels really hits the nail on the head I will send a free archival pigment-ink print of whatever image they want (now or later) on beautiful paper. you can either post your comment here (make sure your name is somewhere in the post) or email me at katie@katievernon.com. 

Thanks so much! 

2 comments:

-Colleen said...

Your work is a playful production of fantasy figures. The characters bend reality and challenge the mind. The inanimate objects are dressed up to be whimsical and wild.

Andrew said...

"Vernon's work captures the essence of the fantasy and wonder behind her subjects. Her success lies in extracting the qualities we would have recognized in objects when we were children and the world was still new, beautiful, and singing."

"To take one of Michele Gondry's beautiful films, lay it down flat, and then emphasize its most happily awkward qualities would be the best way to describe Vernon's work."